HCMC SOS (24-hour Emergency Assistance)
In the unexpected event of an emergency. Who would you call on to help?
HCMC SOS MEMBERS have the peace of mind knowing they have 24 HOUR access to our team of professionals who are available for call out. In the event of an emergency the member, or someone acting on their behalf can call the 24 HOUR HELP LINE which is found on the membership card. Your calls will be answered in Thai and English languages only.
- 24-hour Emergency assistance
- Establishment of pre-hospital care in case of emergency assistance
- Hospitalization assistance
- In the Event of Your Death assistance
Establishment of pre-hospital care in case of an emergency
Imagine waking up in a strange hospital ward whilst suffering from a serious illness or injury and unable to contact your family, friends or health insurance company. You need not worry when you are a member of HCMC SOS, we will be there for you as a family member and contact your family, friends and medical insurance company.
In the unfortunate event of a member being hospitalized, HCMC SOS will provide the following assistance;
- Arrange for your nominated hospital ambulance to attend the scene (Chiang Mai area only)
- Inform hospital of medical history
- Contact next of kin
- Inform medical insurers
- Provide legal assistance if required (At additional Cost)
Prehospital Flow Chart
Once HCMCSOS has been notified that one of its members have been hospitalized due to accident or illness, HCMCSOS will provide the following assistance:
- Provide the medical facility with the medical history of the Member.
- Inform nominated next of kin.
In the event of A Death
When a loved one dies, grieving family members and friends often are confronted with dozens of decisions about the funeral arrangements in Thailand – all of which must be made quickly and often under great emotional duress.
What kind of funeral should it be? What funeral provider in Thailand should you use? Should you bury or cremate the body, or donate it to science? What are you legally required to buy? What other arrangements should you plan in Thailand? And, as callous as it may sound, how much is it all going to cost? HCMC SOS will put your mind at rest at this difficult time by taking care of all aspects regarding the Funeral or Cremation.
In the event of Death (Assist if plan in place, Additional cost if no plan in place)
In the unfortunate event of a member passing away, HCMC SOS will provide the following assistance
- Inform embassy
- Inform Next of Kin
- Translation of document (500 THB), Notary Publican or Lawyer (1200 THB)
- Obtain Death Certificate (USA Free 20 original copies) (UK Registration of Death = 150 GBP, Copy of Death Registration = 50 GBP, Postage = 25 GBP.
- Inform will executor
- Advise on estate matters
- Provide assistance with funeral arrangements
- Assist in arranging repatriation where necessary
Nurse/Nursing assistance, visit home, assist with medication and medical needs (Additional Cost)
Home Care Nursing is for people who need care at home, temporarily or indefinitely, for a variety of health reasons including:
- Being released from the hospital after surgery or a sudden event such as a stroke or serious injury
- Worsening of a chronic condition that requires a higher level of care than is available at home
- Living with ongoing health issues that are making it difficult to be at home
What services are provided?
Our professionally trained and licensed home care nurses also provide:
- Wound care, intravenous therapy or palliative care
- Health education about chronic diseases and healthy living
- Referrals to other community services such a community rehabilitation or social work services
- Self-care information so that you can live as independently as possible
- Education to enhance your friends’ and family’s abilities to provide care
- Home support services to enable you to care for yourself as much as possible
- Home visits for nursing care occur seven days a week. Visits are scheduled in advance according to medical priority and where you live.
What services are not provided?
There are a number of services that Home Care Nursing does not provide but can help you access including:
- House cleaning or laundry
- Grocery shopping
- Rehabilitation equipment/aids
- Driving to appointments
- Foot care
Assisted living/ care services at your own home. (Additional Cost)
Home Care Services
In-home care is a great way to get the help you need. You may be a senior who needs assistance with daily living activities, so trust our caregivers to help with meal preparation or personal care. You may also be caring for your aging parent and just need someone to be with them while you run errands. Home care services are versatile, flexible, and customized for your comfort, peace of mind and well-being.
Home and community care services:
- Support clients to remain independent and in their own homes for as long as possible;
- Provide services at home to clients who would otherwise require admission to hospital or would stay longer in hospital;
- Professional nursing care.
- An assisted meal service.
- Medication supervision.
- Personal assistance with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing or grooming.